STUDIES IN THE BOOK OF JOHN:Part Two: Chapters 9-21
By Elder James W. Parrott,Jr., Th.D.
Chapter 9: Miracle Of
Mercy Through Obediance
1. Why did the Pharisees say we are blind(John 9:38-41) ?
2. How did the parents
try to avoid the Pharisees(John
3. How was obediance demonstrated in John 9:7-12 ?
What was the argument on two premises did the
Pharieses argue about the healing of the Blind
5. Does God hear a sinner's prayer according to John 9:31 ?
Why(l Sam. 16:7) ?
What is the explanation of John 9:4 ?
7. Why is John 9:18 refer to the Jews who didn't believe ?
10- Jesus Withstands His Accusers
By Elder James W. Parrott, Jr.
1. How does a shepherd differ from a hireling(l
5:2-4; John 10:12-14) ?
2. What is the nature of sheep according to John 10:1-4) ?
What was the purpose of Jesus coming according to
John 3:16 and John 10:10 ?
4. What is meant by John
5. According to John 10:16; Acts 23:6), why was there
division among the Jews concerning Jesus
6. How does John 5:43 compare with John 10:36-38 ?
7. When faced with physical
danger, what did Jesus do
according to John 7:39 ?
8. Why did the Jews accuse want to kill Jesus according
to John 10:31,36 ?
9. What was the sheepfold according John 10:1-5 ?
Humanity and Divinity of Jesus In The
Demonstration of Anoiting
By Elder J.W. Parrott, Jr.
Who was Lazarus , Mary and Martha(John 11:1; 12:1-2)
and what are the meanings of their names ?
is the grammatical and spiritual interpretation
of John 11:35 ?
3. How did the Disciples and Martha miss
the point about
Lazarus Death(John 11:9-13,21-24) ?
4. What is fifteen furlongs in John 11:18 ?
According to John 11:48, how did the Pharisees and the
High Priest interpret the Resurrection of Lazerus ?
What would be the name of the Feast mentioned in John
7. How does John 11:54 compare to John 7:1,2
8. What is the significance of the name Ephraim in regards
to question #7 ?
9. How does John
11:48 relate to John 18:36-38 ?
Lesson 12- Jesus Deals With Hypocriocy While Focusing On
By Elder J.W. Parrott,Jr.
1. What did Mary do that the Lord will always Remember
to John 12:2,3
2. What is meant by John 12:8 anad Matt. 5:3 ?
3. What was the worth of 300
Pence in John 12:5 ?
4. What was extent of the Chief Priest's anger towards
Lazarus in John 12:10 ?
In John 12:13, what does Hosanna mean ?
6. How does John 12:35-38 compare to Isa.61:1-4 ?
is the significance of the Greeks coming to
the feast in regards to Acts 2:4,6,11 ?
8. What does Jesus
say about eschatology in John 12:
Lesson 13-Agapeology-The Theology of Love
Chapter 13 of
Gospel of John
1. When Jesus knew his time on earth was up, what feast of
the Jews when he washed the Disciples
feet in John
2. Who was Jesus speaking about in John 13:18 ?
3. Look in the dictionary
and define these words:
Eros,Phileo, agape and what word do they
stand for ?
to John 13:24-26, what is its significance ?
5. What is the theology of live according to John 13:
6. How did Peter bite off more than he could chew
according to John 13:36-38 ?
does l Cor. 13:4-7 connect to John 13:33-35 ?
Lesson 14-Pneumentology - Part l
1. What is
the pneumentology ?
2. How is the theology of eschatology expressed in
John 14:1-3 ?
john 14:6 to l Cor. 13:3 .
4. How does John 14: 7-14 compare to John John 20:24-31 ?
5. What did Jesus
mean in John 14:18 ?
6. What is another description of the Holy Spirit
expressed in John 14:17 ?
In John 14:26, what is another description of the
Holy Spirit ?
8. How does the Fruit of the Spirit(Gal. 5:22,23),
connect to John 14:17 ?
Lesson 15-The Fruit of the Spirit Is The Vine of Jesus
Chapter 15 of the Gospel
1. What does word is in divine reflects the Title of the
lesson(John 15:1-3 ?
the Operation of the Holy Spirit as from
Old Testament to New Testament(Judges 15:14;John 14:17;
How is this New Commandment in John 15:22,23 compare
to Gal. 5:22,23 ?
4. What will the Holy Spirit do
according to John 15:25-
Lesson 16-Theology of The Holy Spirit- Part Two
Chapter 16 of the Gospel
1. Why do people kill Christian(Acts 9:2;John 16:1,2 ?
2. Why did Jesus have to go away(John
3. What does Jesus mean that he will no longer speak
in proverbs(parables) according to Matt
John 16:25-27 ?
4. How is John 16:21,22,33 speak of the Fruit of the
17-Consumation of the Ministry of Jesus
Chapter 17 of the Gospel of John
1. What did Jesus about eternal life
according to John
2. According to John 17:11, what is it significance ?
to John 17:15-17 , what did Jesus say the word
of God is ?
4. How is John 17:21-26 compare to John 3:16
5. What is the significance of John 17:12-24 ?
Lesson 18-Our Response To The World System
Chapter 18 of the Gospel of John
1. According to John 18: 1 where is the brook Cedron
When Judas and the Men that sought Jesus found him,
what was Jesus response to them(John 18:3-5)?
In John 18:6 reflective of Deut.28:7,10 ?
4. Who is Caiphas according to John 18:14 ?
5. What is the age
old question Pilate ask Jesus in
John 18:36 that the greek Philosopher Desmonthenes
was seeking ?
Pilate asking Jesus the same question that was still
in the minds of his Disciples about his mission ? Why?
7. How was the custom of the Jews fulfilled in John 18:
39,40;John 11:48-51 ?
19-Jesus Walks Through The Valley And Shadow of
Chapter 19 of the Gospel of John
1. How is Jesus suffering,
Judgement and death symbolic
of Psalm 23 ?
2. What did Pilate let happen to Jesus according to
3. Why did Jesus have to die according to John 19:7 ?
4. Although pilate found no
fault in Jesus, how did the
Jews persuade Pilate to crucufy him(John 19:12) ?
5. How is John 19:24 the fulfillment
of Psalms 22:18 ?
6. How did Jesus fulfill John 19:31-36 accoding to Psa.
34:20;John 1:1,14:John 10:35
Lesson 20-The Theology of The Holy Spirit-Part Three
Chapter 20 of the Gospel of John
If Jesus rose on the third day of the week, why are
people still keeping the sabbath(John 20:1; Acts 20:7;
2. What is the significance of the Disciples receiving the
Holyghost here, yet they still had to
receive it when
they went to the upper room(John 20:22:Acts 1:8. Acts
3. How is John
20;26-28 similar to John 11;16; 14:8-12 ?
Lesson 21- Christ Ministry Fulfilled and Transended
21 of the Gospel of John
1. Where did Jesus show himself to his Disciples in
John 21:1 ?
is meant by John 21:8 talking about cubits /
3. Who was the Dsciple Jesus loved and what is met by
phrase according to John 21:7,20-21 ?
4. What is the significance of John 21:15,17 ?
5. What does
John say about the depth of the word of
God almost similar to Apostle Paul in John 21:25:
l Cor. 2:9 : Isa. 64:4 ?