THE ROLE OF THE CHRISTIAN IN THE WORKPLACE !
By James W. Parrott, Jr. , Copyright(C)2002
Texts: Jude 22, 11 Cor, 3:1-2, 11 Cor. 4:1-5, Hebrews 5:10-12
John 14:6; 1 Cor. 13:12,13
Part One: Three Words That Will Change Your Life
1. Facilitator - Faith
- Purpose - Substance-
Jesus says, "I 'am the way"... - Seed
11. Motivational Speaker - Hope - Mastery -
says, "I 'am the truth"... - Plant
- Charity - Excellence-Abundance-
says, "I 'am the life"... - Fruit
Part Two: The Workplace Configuration
1. Responsiblity Of Management-James 5:1-4
11. Responsiblity of Workers-Luke 16:1-8
111. Two Basic Atmospheres In Workplace-Romans 7:14-18
1V. Our Biblical Ethical Example In The Workplace
1. Daniel 1:8,9,17,20
1. Acts 27:10,11,22,23
1. Gen. 39:3
V. Our Christian Ethical Example In The Workplace
A. What To Do When The Bible Is Silent On A Matter ?
1. l John 4:1-6;Matthew 10:19,20
B. Choices We Make On The Job or In Life Itself
1. Using Item# Above Section V.-Luke
Does it violate your faith in God ?- Rom 12:1-3
it violate the laws of the land ? Rom 13:2,3
V1. The Workplace Is A Spiritual Battleground, Stronghold(Stranglehold)
a. Fellow employees
employees indirectly connected to you
a. Upper Mangagement
B. To Be Victorious Over These Above People
a. Ephesians 6:10-18; Matthew 10:19; l
John 3:1-9; Romans 7:14-21
V11. Dealing With The World System
A. Humanism: Romans 1:18,20-23;Dan. 2:29-30
1. The Cosmic order of the Universe and
society made up of logic, common
sociological principles without being based on Divine order.
B. Philosophies Regarding The Above Statement
1. Logical Positivism
3. Natural Theology
V111. The Challenge Of Change
A. The Crisis of Change leads one to an existential despair. The Challenge
gives one an Motivational Empowerment(Energy)
to not confront change, but to
embrace it in the workplace Job 14;14;Psalms 27:14.
B. What is Change ?
1. Change is defined as the coming of new things ,policies,issues
and procedures that
you must accept in the workplace. This occurs
when there is a change in leadership
or when there is a change in the Company's Vision
a. Genesis 41:37-41;Exodus 1:8.17;Daniel
C. What it Means to Stand In The Gap(Ezekiel 22:30)?
1. A Believer is anointed(Promise by God) must prove him/herself
worthy by standing
in the Gap(that is God sometimes takes
away the hedge-Job 1:10), provided that
you hold on to your integrity(Job2:3).
Notice Job means Job(Vocation) in a parabolic
antithesis sense(Ephesians 4:1). When the believer
is anointed he or she walks in
subsstance(Heb.11:1) When the believer stands
in the Gap, it a transition or sustinance
role of growth and purging(1 Peter 1:3-10).
2. The Believer has authority means you have moved from the anointing
Gap into Abundance(endowment,apointment)which means
you have not only been
place into the abundance or provision by God, but
also you are accepted by Church
and the world system(Gen.41:37-42)-Authority(Character)
41:5,8,12,15-17. Late Dr. C.I. Scofield calls this the BelieversStanding(Abundance),
3. Why God has placed the Believer in the workplace ?
a. It is so the believer can have increase and
b. It is so that God will rebuke demons and
the adversities of life if you walk in
c. It is that God will be glorified that not us, but
that the world may know there is a
a God, and that he is the source
of provision, wealth and success. This is a Five
Smooth Stone Anointing and Abundance
of The Power And Riches of His Grace:
1. Daniel 5:10,11
2. Gen. 41:12
4. Deut. 28:7,10,
5. Rom.8:31 Love
PART THREE:THE THEOLOGY OF FAITH IN LIFE CRISIS:
Four Characters of People In The Workplace
By James W. Parrott, Jr.
1. Four Types Of People In The Workplace
A. Believers-Followers of Jon The Baptist(Agreeable-Indecisive)
1. Wayside Soil(Democratic)
a. Acts 19:1-6
B. Saints-70 Disciples(Divisive-Ambitious)
a. Luke 10:1,17
1. Stony Soil(Laissez-Faire)
a. John 10:16
D. Angels-Jesus Disciples(Responsible-Assertive)
1. Good Soil(Accommadating)
a. Matt. 10:1-5; Matt. 22:30
PART FOUR:DEALING WITH WORKPLACE ISSUES
A. CONFRONTING WORKPLACE VIOLENCE
1. Romans 12:19- Giving place to wrath-Proverbs
2. Matthew 5:25- Agreeing with your adversary
3. Proverbs 15:1-Soft answer Turneth away
4. Mattthew 18:15-18-Get things straight
B. DEALING WITH JOB HARASSEMENT AND IRATE BOSSES
1. Psa. 35:1-8- God Will Cause Confusion
On The Enemy
2.Psa.91:1-11- God Will Give You Physical
Protection and Anointing
3.Psa.24:1-10- When You Feel Lonely At
4. Psa.23:1-6-God Will Give You Victory
5.Psa. 27:1-14- God Will Deliver You From
Stress, Fear, Anxiety
PART FIVE:EVALUATION REVIEW
1. What are three components of 21'st Century Ministry ?
2. What are the three componts of Faith ?
3. What are the two basic componets of the world system ?
4. What are four characters of people who are antagonists in the workplace ?
5. What two basic types of atmospheres exists in the workplace ?
6. How does Biblical Ethics differ from Christian Ethics ?
7. What are the three types of leadership and their significance ?
8. How does Christian Ethics according to Matt. 10:19 teach you how to deal with
life dynamics of decisions ?
9. How does Biblical Ethics help you deal with relationships with difficult people according to
10. Why must their be equity in the workplace according to James 5:1-4 and Luke 16:1-8 ?.
11. What is the difference between Anointing and Authority of the Believer ,when comparing it
to the Believers Standning and State ?
12. What is Change ?
13.What does it mean to stand in the gap ?
14. Why has God placed the believer in the workplace ?
15. How does Matthew 18:15-17 deal with interpersonal relationship in conflict
16. How does the use of the above scripture coincide with Rom. 12;19;Matt. 5:25;
Proverbs 15:1 reduce the chance of workplace violence. ?
17. When going through issues and situations at your job, how does having the word
of God according to Psa. 24:1-10;Psa. 27;1-14; Psa. 35:1-8; bring deliverance
and change to your situation and the issues confronting you ?